Proudly made in New Zealand
- Made from a three-layer AEGIS® fabric which is soft, light, very quiet and of course very waterproof.
- 100% waterproof, windproof and breathable.
- Extra long, full-strength 2-way YKK zip to ensure the jacket is as easy to get on as it is to get off.
- The hood protrudes into an adjustable peak, stiffened with both a durable liner and a hood wire to enable excellent peripheral vision and exceptional water shedding.
- Chest height waterproof inner map pocket stored securely under storm flap
- Two generous external pockets with has a unique drop stitches allow any collected water to easily drain away.
- Hand warmer flaps tucked in behind each front pocket.
- Stretch inner cuff with touch-tape outer cuffs ensures sleeves stay where you want them to.
- Side vents for unrestricted walking and climbing movement.
Good hard wearing farm jacket
I purchased my Wapiti about 5 or 6 years ago. It has had some bloody hard wearing on the farm and in the bush. Only now has it started to get a wee bit of a leak in the arms... and this is only due to a few holes that an encounter with an angry cattlebeast and a barbed wire fence caused!
Wore my wapiti in Fiord Land. Stayed absolutely dry and comfortable despite the rain and wind. Wear it every where. Best garment I think I have ever purchased. Worth every cent I spent on it.
Nothing Beats the Wapiti!
The Wapiti has become my sole wet weather coat. Here in SW England, we have almost incessant rain. My Wapiti keeps me dry, warm, and oblivious to the wind. It would be even better if the 2 bellows pockets were waterproof. I have worn most of the top UK brands and none come close to SWAZI.
Aegis 3-layer Whisper - brushed polyester outer, Swazi Aegis® membrane, tricot knit inner. Durable Water Repellent coating (DWR).
About Swazi AEGIS®:
The AEGIS® membrane has been developed to meet the extreme performance levels we require from our wet weather and windproof garments. It is a breathable microporus membrane which is laminated between a face fabric (outer shell) and an inner lining. The AEGIS® membrane allows moisture vapour from your body to transfer from your base and mid-layers, escaping before it becomes perspiration thereby keeping you drier and warmer. The pores in the AEGIS® membrane are large enough to release the microscopic vapour molecules, but are too small for the larger molecules of rain, sleet and snow to get through.
The outer layer of the AEGIS® fabric is treated with a DWR (durable water repellent) coating which increases the surface tension of the fabric thereby causing water to bead and run off the garment rather than being absorbed. Over time the DWR wears off but can easily be refreshed by re-applying with DWR treatments such as Grangers XT spray.
AEGIS® garments must be washed often to ensure the pores in the membrane do not become blocked.
Do not store your garment when it is wet, dirty or sweaty.
- Zip & secure all closures.
- Machine wash on warm with washing powder.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Hang to dry or tumble on warm.
Can be dry cleaned - ask your dry cleaner to use clear solvent and to apply a fluoropolymer based water repellent to the outer fabric.
Not a bulletproof vest!
Swazi AEGIS® fabrics are very waterproof and incredibly durable, however, like ALL fabrics they are not indestructible or bulletproof. They can be punctured by sharp objects like barbed wire or spiky vegetation and when the fabric is punctured it will leak. Mostly these tiny puncture holes are not visible to the human eye, but can be detected in our water testing lab. Our advice is be extremely careful of sharp objects – the general rule is if it can pierce the skin on the palm of your hand then it can also pierce the membrane in your garment.
All our garments are made to offer maximum freedom of movement. Use the guide to help with your sizing.
If you are unsure of your garment size, the most important measurement is your chest measurement.
If you are exceptionally tall for your build, or short, yet squat, please contact our Customer Services for advice here email@example.com
For pants and shorts you will need your waist measurement.
|BUST||30″ 76cm||32″ 81cm||35″ 90cm||39″ 99cm||43″109cm|
|WAIST||24″ 62cm||26″ 67cm||29″ 74cm||33″ 84cm||37″ 94cm|
|CHEST||37″ 94cm||39.5″ 100cm||42″ 106cm||46″ 116cm||50″ 126cm||54″ 136cm|
|WAIST||33″ 84cm||35″ 89cm||37″ 94cm||41″ 104cm||45″ 114cm||49″ 125cm|
|CHEST||25″ 63cm||27″ 68cm||29″ 73cm||31″ 78cm|
|WAIST||21″ 53cm||23″ 58cm||25″ 63cm||27″ 68cm|
|AVERAGE HEIGHT||47″ 120cm||51″ 130cm||55″ 140cm||60″ 150cm|
To find the correct size glove please measure around your hand at its widest point, excluding the thumb.
Freight charges are based not only on the weight of your order but the space the order takes up. To ensure you get the very best price from our freight providers we have a built-in freight calculator that figures out the total weight and size of your complete order. At any time you can click into your order, pop in your location details and find out the freight charges. Simple!
New Zealand Orders:
Orders for delivery to a New Zealand Address
- Please allow 2-3 working days for most urban addresses.
- Allow an extra 2 days for rural delivery.
- Orders are charged in New Zealand Dollars ($NZD) and will be charged to your credit card by your card provider at their prevailing exchange rate on the day that your credit card is charged.
- Orders may be subject to duties or taxes once the arrive at your country’s customs. These rates are determined by the government of the country the order is being shipped to and are the responsibility of the person receiving the order.
- Please allow 10-15 working days for delivery
Under New Zealand government regulations, there is a 15% Goods and Services Tax (GST). All products listed on this site in New Zealand dollars include GST, except where noted. NOTE: This tax does not apply to orders mailed directly overseas and will not be charged for international orders.
If you select an alternative currency the price will not show the GST component.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
Swazi is committed to providing quality products to our customers. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with any product, please return it to us in original condition with all labels and swing tags still attached within 15 days of receipt and we will replace it or refund your purchase price using the original payment method.
To return products to Swazi, please complete and enclose the Garment Exchange Form form, affix postage to your package and send it to:
Swazi Apparel Ltd
PO BOX 567
Our quality control team inspects every delivery into Swazi to ensure that the products you receive meet our high quality standards. However if you do receive a product that is faulty, please don’t hesitate to call us toll free 0800 4SWAZI to arrange free return delivery and an exchange or refund. Should a fault appear after a garment has been worn, please follow the Warranty & Repairs process.
Unfortunately postage charges on non-faulty returns are not refundable.
The Unique Swazi Lifetime Warranty:
All Swazi garments are unconditionally warranted against faulty fabric and workmanship for the natural life of the garment. We reserve the right to repair, replace or decline a claim at our discretion.
Fleece Garment Repairs:
Swazi undertake to repair your fleece garment if it has been accidentally torn or damaged free of charge, for the natural life of that garment while under recreational use. This warranty is subject to the garment being repairable and applies to the fleece fabric components of the garment only.
Aegis® Garment Repairs:
If you perforate or rip your Aegis® garment, please contact your retailer or firstname.lastname@example.org for a repair quotation. There is a small charge for all Aegis® repairs – this will be discussed with you once your garment has been assessed.
Should you damage a zip in your garment you can send it back to us for a replacement zip. There is a charge for this service of $30 per zip. If the zip has failed due to a manufacturing fault then we will replace it at no charge.
- Wash and dry your garment
- Complete the Garment Repair Form
- Send $10 Postage & Packing along with your clean garment and completed Garment Repair Form to: Swazi Apparel Ltd, PO Box 567, Levin, New Zealand
- When returning gear to our workshop, please write the following on the outside of the package: ‘Clothing returned to manufacturer for credit/repair/exchange’ It helps our friends at customs categorise it and means we get the gear quicker.
Please note that if the garment is not washed or accompanied by the Postage & Packing fee then it will not be repaired.